Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Today's Updates:Rpattz on Daily Show, Cosmopolis NY premier

Jon Stewart had teased Rob Pattinson's appearance at the top of The Daily Show by saying: "I think there might be a lot of people watching this show for the first time... Mr Pattinson will come out, but you've got about 15 minutes of vice-presidential pick jokes to sit through first."

A banner was also displayed along the bottom of the screen during Stewart's opening monologue which read: "Welcome Twilight fans, this is a topical comedy show mostly dealing with politics and the media."

For Robert Pattinson's first television appearance since Kristen's discretion, "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart presented him with a carton of Ben & Jerry's and the calming reassurance that "we're just a couple of gals talking."


Stewart quipped as Pattinson took a spoon to the tub, later apologising for the fact that it had melted by explaining: "Here's the problem with my show, we don't have a f**king freezer."

Pattinson, sporting stubble and a sharply tailored blue suit, laughed and seemed in good spirits despite the media attention that has followed him and his "Twilight" co-star since the incident came to light last month. However, the actor did decline the treat, joking, "I'm going to split my Spanx. I'm double-Spanxed."

Stewart  said "Now listen, the last time I had a bad breakup, Ben and Jerry got me through some of the tougher times, so I thought we should bond: “

He later told Pattinson: "Here's my wish for you, that you get to handle your business in private in your personal life. I really enjoy talking to you, you're a nice kid."

Jon joked: 'The world has ended!'
But R-Patz held his own, according to Life & Style, quipping: 'It has!'
He then added: 'That was my attempt at a joke.'
To which Jon responded: 'You're better off. Kick her to the curb!' in a high-pitched voice to laughter from the actor.

Pattinson did not confirm or deny whether his relationship was over but instead sent up his reported reluctance to answer questions about his personal life, saying: "I literally don't even know how to approach this. This is the weird thing about these interviews - now I'm gonna sound like an idiot.

"My biggest problem in my life is that I'm cheap, and I didn't hire a publicist," he said. "I'm going to hire a publicist."

A source said “Jon Stewart kept referring to the situation as a break up. About 3 different times. Rob didn't comment.”
Robert's return to the spotlight so soon after the scandal is to promote his new leading man role in David Cronenberg's thriller Cosmopolis.

Pattinson issued his only request of the evening to his Twilight and fan followers tuning in: grab up eight tickets apiece to his movie release this weekend because he wants it to "literally" be bigger than The Dark Knight Rises ... even if it is just hitting limited theaters on Friday (a wider release begins on August 24th).



Appearing fresh after an earlier taping of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Rob Pattinson appeared a blue Gucci suit signing for fans , many of whom queued for hours outside the museum . He did manage to tell some fans, “thank you guys for being here.”

He told Access Hollywood, “Every time I’ve done [a premiere] in New York it’s pretty crazy, but there’s absolutely no way to sign anything. That’s the only problem.”

Paul Giamatti, Sarah Gadon and Kevin Durand joined him.

No comments:

Post a Comment