Sunday, March 27, 2011

Emily Browning explains why she didn’t want to play Bella

Emily Browning is busy promoting her upcoming film Sucker Punch, and in a recent interview with IndieWire, she discussed her decision not to audition for the role of Bella Swan for the first Twilight movie.

“I chose not to audition,” Browning said about “Twilight” which was offered to her during this should-I or shouldn’t-I period of career introspection. “The author at one point stated that I would be her ideal Bella, but I chose not to audition because I was at a point in my career where I wasn’t sure I wanted to work, I definitely didn’t want to sign onto a trilogy so I didn’t audition, but there were a lot of things people said: ‘you turned it down’ no that’s not the case, ‘you were offered it and you turned it down,’ no, no, no, that’s not what happened at all. And there were battles but it was really just as simple as I don’t want to work right now so…”

Read more at IndieWire.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment