Thursday, March 17, 2011

Joan Jett talks about Kristen: Joan Jett's Runaway heart

What do you think of the film?
I think it definitely gives you a sense of what we went through, what it was like to be in a band at that time — certainly an all-girl band and what we were doing. The actors did a really great job and I’m excited to introduce the Runaways to a lot of people that probably don’t know much about it.

How did you prep Kristen Stewart to play you in The Runaways?
We didn’t have a lot of time to prepare, so I think she did some of it on her own. I gave her some CDs to listen to of the Runaways original music. I spoke to her for several hours about how I felt about the Runaways, what it meant to me. I gave her details I probably wouldn’t tell most people. And then, she spent a lot of time just observing me while we were physically together. She watched my posture and the way I move through space and she sort of assimilated all that into her.

Click here for the rest of interview

No comments:

Post a Comment