Saturday, March 19, 2011

Robert Pattinson Dishes On Awkward Love Scenes

We've heard Robert Pattinson talk about his love scenes before. "Lot of my crack in it!" he once laughed to us about what we can expect in the upcoming drama "Bel Ami." And we've even seen photographic evidence of his honeymoon boom-boom with Kristen Stewart in November's first installment of "Breaking Dawn."

But when it comes to Pattinson's amorous encounters onscreen, his fans can never get enough. It's no surprise then that one Twitter user submitted a question during "MTV First: Robert Pattinson" asking if the actor felt awkward doing love scenes with "Water for Elephants" co-star Reese Witherspoon.

Awkward, no. Sick? Well, yes.

"The love scene in this, I was doing it when I had a really bad cold," Pattinson explained. "I'm not generally that awkward doing stuff apart from when I've got my belly coming out. But my nose is running all over the place and it was in one of the additional photography scenes, and Reese had this wig on, and literally, I was wiping my nose on her wig."

"We were doing this really passionate love scene," he added with a giggle. "It was really stupid. I guess I'm not that awkward anymore."

The key with any love scene, Pattinson went on to make clear, is that it has to make sense within the context of the story. You can't just get freaky in front of the camera because someone thinks it'll boost ticket sales.

"It always depends. You've got to really know what you're doing. If it's just a sort of arbitrary love scene, it'd be quite difficult," he said.

And what of his scene with Stewart in "Breaking Dawn," the one we got an early, feather-filled glimpse of in January? Rob hesitated before saying simply, "The one on 'Breaking Dawn' is pretty funny."
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment